I started this blog just over three years ago. Back then Otis had a Flickr profile (having published it's first photo in October of 2006), and a MySpace page (that we've since decommissioned) and that was about it. Of course since then the social media world has exploded and what a difference a couple of years makes!
As I was preparing some tidbits for a meeting I figured out that among other things:
- Otis' YouTube profile(started in March 2007) has uploaded 173 videos that collectively have been viewed over 600,000 times. The most popular one having been seen over 100,000 times all by itself.
- Otis' Flickr profile now has over 700 photos uploaded that have been viewed over 91,000 times. The photo on this post just passed the 2000 view mark and is the most viewed on the profile.
- The College Facebook page (started in February 2008) has 1911 fans from over 20 different countries)
- Our Twitter profile (created in October 2009) has nearly 300 followers
- The Otis Blogosphere now includes over 20 different blogs
So you can see, the College is out there! Have a suggestion about a social media site Otis should be a part of? Ideas for how to improve our existing sites? I'd love to hear from you.